Vision: The Dakotas energy industry is adequately staffed with a qualified and diverse workforce to provide safe and efficient power to its customers.
Mission: The Dakotas Energy Workforce Consortium provides a collaborative forum for the energy industry, higher education, and government to work together to pursue actions that will meet the immediate and future needs of the energy industry workforce.
Areas of Focus:
- Conduct focused career awareness and outreach (to elementary/secondary youth and tribes/veterans/women)
- Develop an accurate assessment of workforce needs for the two states
- Reskill the existing workforce to address technology changes and shifting job needs
- Increase the number of qualified applicants in the energy pipeline (students, veterans, workers from other industries)
- Ensure sustainability for the DEWC
Careers in Energy Week
Careers in Energy Week 2018 is October 15-19.